manny-pacquiao-v-juan-manuel-20121208-221223-424

Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez are being poised to share the spotlight anew on April 20.

Not against each other but against separate opponents.

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum told the Bulletin on Wednesday that Pacquaio has already indicated his desire to return to the ring in April following the sixth-round knockout to Marquez last year in Las Vegas.

ALSO READ: I’m fit and OK – Pacquiao

“While I was on vacation (in Cape Town, South Africa), (Pacquiao adviser) Michael (Koncz) reached out to (Top Rank matchmaker) Bruce Trampler, saying they want to fight in April,” said Arum from his Las Vegas residence.

Arum said Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions is due to meet with Marquez about the possibility of him and Pacquiao appearing in a double-header against separate foes.

Arum said the proposed double main event should serve as a teaser to a planned slambang September showdown between Pacquiao and Marquez, saying it will be held during the height of the celebration of Mexican Independence.

“This is a more important celebration among Mexicans compared to the Cinco de Mayo (festivities),” said the 81-year-old Arum. read full story.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s